500g apricots (or stone fruit) weighed once pitted
250g brown sugar
100ml olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
150g natural sugar-free yoghurt
250 grams flour
15g baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (356F) and grease and line a 26cm springform pan with baking paper on the base.
- Chop apricots roughly.
- Whisk sugar and eggs.
- Add olive oil, vanilla bean paste, salt, cinnamon and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until only just combined.
- Pour batter into cake pan and arrange fruit evenly on top.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until top is just golden. Serve with vanilla gelato or a dollop of yoghurt.